The stuffing was delicious; I could have eaten it raw. I looked up a stuffed zucchini recipe in Simply In Season, but decided to make it Italian-flavored (basil, thyme, Parmesan) rather than southwest-flavored (cumin, chili powder, Jack cheese).
- one burly zucchini, hollowed out (gift from coworker's garden)
- any zucchini that wasn't too tough, chopped up
- 1 cup fresh corn (Verrill Farm)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (our own)
- 2 big cloves garlic, minced (VF)
- small handful of dried onion
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (our own)
- a shake of salt
- a driz of olive oil
Stuff it into the zucchini boats, grate Parmesan over the top, and bake at 350 F for half an hour or so. We had this with a little leftover lasagna. Garlic bread would have been a nice touch...
That's all for today -- long day of fieldwork (literally). But there will be tomato and peach craziness coming up here! Just haven't had a chance to sit down for a while.